Welcome to the new Gmail!
Google has updated several of the email features you already use, and added new tools and apps to help you work faster and more efficiently.
Start using the new Gmail with your UCSC account:
- Sign in to your UCSC Google Account (if you aren't already signed in)
- Go to your Gmail settings (gear icon) and select Try the new UC Santa Cruz Mail. You can opt out and go back to the classic design at anytime.
Inbox with easy-to-use tools
Google redesigned the Gmail web application to help you take action even quicker.
- You can see and click attachments in your inbox before ever opening a thread.
- You can hover over messages (you don’t have to click into them) to do things like RSVP to a meeting invite, archive an email thread, or snooze an email until the time is right.
Integration with other G Suite apps
As a part of the redesign, Google is integrating Gmail with other G Suite apps you use every day.
- You can quickly reference, create or edit Calendar invites, capture ideas in Keep or manage to-dos in Tasks all from a side panel in your inbox.