What Is Google Autocomplete?
When you start typing in an address field, a list of matching UCSC contact names appear. This list narrows as you type more of the address. You can then select any address from this list to enter it in the field.
Which Email Addresses are in Autocomplete
Email addresses used in Google's autocomplete service come from UCSC identity management system and include all faculty, staff, and students.
Where Email Addresses Autocomplete
Email addresses autocomplete in address fields of all services in your UCSC Google account. These services include Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, Drive, Google+, and more. For example, addresses autocomplete in the:
- To, Cc, and Bcc fields when composing a message in Gmail
- Add: Guests field when inviting people to a Calendar event
- Invite people field when sharing a Doc
- To field when sharing a Google+ post
- The search field in Gmail's Chat application
- Any other address field in the Google Suite of services